It’s no secret that I love cushions. So much so that it’s a constant annoyance of my husband who seems to be allergic to them.
I on the other hand, could be surrounded by cushions and still want more. I’ve reviewed Funky Cushions below and have a great giveaway for you!
Not only do cushions add extra comfort but I also think they can add some personality and seasonality. In the winter, opting for warmer tones makes the room look snug whereas choosing cool or bright tones in the summer really makes the room feel more vibrant.
It’s a fairly inexpensive way of making a big impact in a room without sloshing new paint all over the walls.
My only problem is – I’m tight. £20 for a new cushion just seems wasteful to me. But buying cheap cushions only last a few weeks before either the cushions deform or something happens to the pattern.
So, when I heard that Funky Cushion were looking for bloggers to review their inexpensive cushion covers, I raised my hand and waved it around a bit and they agreed to throw some over in my direction.
Why choose cushion covers
Buying covers rather than full cushions allows me to reuse my nice John Lewis cushions (get me being posh hey?). By investing in good cushions, I can reuse them time and time again by updating the covers. It’s also a lot less wasteful than throwing away old ones as better quality cushions will last longer.
So, it allows me to update the look of my living room (or at least my swivel chair – that’s my seat!) without costing the earth each season.
I dare you to look at the Funky Cushion website: http://www.funkycushion.co.uk/ and not ooh and ahh. And get this – each cushion cover costs only £5. Yes. You can’t buy a lot for £5 nowadays, so I was very impressed. My fingers get all tingly at the prospect of a bargain.
It took me a while to choose my designs as I could see me using quite a few. But what look did I want to go for? I’m sure I’ll be back when I’m looking to update my living room look…
In the end, I opted for a paradise/flamingo design and a wreath with Home Sweet Home written in the middle. Both were printed onto a hessian fabric and I’m so impressed with the designs.
The colours are as vibrant as they are on the website and the material feels really durable – perfect for a busy sofa.
Now for the good bit. If you’d like to win yourself two Funky Cushions of your own choosing, enter my competition below. The last day to enter is February 11 2017 and the competition will close at midnight. So, enter now!
Competition terms and conditions:
- Competition open for entries via Rafflecopter until midnight 12/02/17.
- This means the last day for voting is 11/02/17.
- One prize is available of 2 Funky Cushions from Funky Cushion of a design of your choice. No cash alternative is available.
- Competition open for UK residents only with a UK postal address (in order to dispatch your prize!)
- The winner will be chosen at random using Rafflecopter. Entries will be checked and verified and the first verified winner will be chosen.
- The winner will be contacted via email up to three working days after the competition closes. After 10 days if no response is received, an alternative winner will be chosen.
- This competition is subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- No correspondence will be entered into regarding the competition terms and conditions.
- This competition is hosted by Bringing up Georgia, but the prize will be provided directly from Funky Cushion at their discretion.